Green bean markets are active due to recent weather affecting growing regions on both coasts. Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Trimmed Green Beans are limited; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- California harvests are below normal due to unusual weather patterns and a slow start to the season
- Quality is average; excess moisture is a concern
- Size is smaller than normal
- Georgia production will run for another 7-10 days
- Recent rainstorms have shortened the season
- Quality challenges and shortened shelf-life are big concerns
- Harvesting will start in Illinois on June 26; however, inclement weather during planting will affect overall yields
- Production will begin in Ohio and Michigan on July 4
- Mexico will continue to ship limited yields in June as growers transition to new regions; higher volume is anticipated in July
- Overall supplies will be limited and markets will be higher over the next two to three weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.