Green and French Bean supplies continue to be extremely limited due to recent bad weather in all growing regions. Ready-Set-Serve Trimmed Green Beans are extremely tight; packer label is being substituted, as necessary.
- East Coast supply is primarily in Georgia, but cold weather is affecting plant yield and quality
- Florida’s crop was heavily damaged/destroyed by Hurricane Ian, drastically reducing supply until new crops start in South Florida in mid-November
- The Coachella growing region in California will start this week with limited volume
- Other regions in the state are struggling with quality; russeting and tip decay are primary concerns
- Mexican volume out of Baja and mainland Mexico will remain tight due to past severe storms; expect improved volume in mid-November
- French beans (Haricot Verts) from Guatemala experienced heavy rains and hurricanes over the last month, affecting production and disrupted supply routes
- Expect elevated markets over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.