The California season is wrapping up. Delays are being reported in offshore arrivals; expect elevated markets and tight supplies through the month of January.
- Green grapes are finished for the season; red grapes supplies will be depleted over the next 7-10 days
- Portioned grapes are forecast to be shipping until January 15
- Quality is good; some rain-damaged fruit is being reported
- Expect pricing to increase as the industry transitions out of California and into offshore product
- Peruvian/Chilean green and red grapes have begun shipping
- Portioned grapes are expected to start shipping the week of January 15
- Chilean harvests are two to three weeks behind schedule due to weather
- Political turmoil in Peru has caused delayed arrivals for next two to three weeks
- Expect elevated markets and tight supplies through January on all grapes
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.