Grape markets are on the rise as damages from Tropical Storm Hilary have created a shortage in this year’s California crop.
- California-grown Markon First Crop Lunch Bunch Grapes and Markon Essentials (ESS) Grapes are available
- Red and green seedless grape prices are rising
- Many crops were damaged by Tropical Storm Hilary
- Rain damage such as burst skins and potential fungus, and/or rot will decrease available supply
- California’s crop is estimated to incur a 30-50% loss
- Markets are expected to climb steadily throughout the California season; extremely low volume is anticipated by November
- Offshore grapes are expected to arrive in the U.S. mid- to late November
- Prices will be higher than last year due to California shortages and strong demand
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.