The Southern California Marsh Ruby grapefruit season is winding down. Expect tight supplies over the next two weeks days; Southern California Desert Ruby grapefruit harvesting has been delayed due to slow growth.
- Marsh Ruby production is expected to wrap up by the end of the week
- Desert Rio harvesting will start by the week of October 23
- Expect tight supplies until the desert season begins in late October
- Low volume and elevated prices are anticipated for the next two weeks
- The season is expected to start in late October
- The Arizona/California growing region includes Brawley, California and Yuma, Arizona
- The season will begin in two weeks
- Expect size to be dominated by 48- and 56-count fruit
- Suppliers will only pack U.S. No. 1 grade fruit
- The season will start in early November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.