The Southern California Marsh Ruby grapefruit season is winding down. Expect tight supplies over the next five to seven days as harvest begins on the Southern California Desert Ruby grapefruit variety.
- Marsh Ruby production is expected to wrap up by the end of the week
- Harvest for the Desert Rio variety is expected to begin by the middle of next week
- Expect tight supplies until the desert season begins in late October
- Expect low volume and elevated prices the next five to seven days
- The season is expected to start in late October
- The Arizona/California growing regions include Brawley, California and Yuma, Arizona
- The season is expected to begin in two weeks
- Expect sizing to be dominated by 48- and 56-count fruit
- Suppliers will only pack U.S. No. 1 grade fruit
- The season will start in early November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.