The Southern California grapefruit season is winding down earlier than anticipated; expect remaining supplies to be depleted by the end of the week. California grapefruit is expected to gap for approximately two weeks until the California desert growing region begins in late October.
- Production is expected to wrap up at the end of this week, two weeks earlier than anticipated
- Expect extremely tight supplies until the desert season begins in late October
- Quality is average; excessive heat is causing soft fruit
- Size is dominated by 23- and 27-count fruit; 56-count sizes are tight
- Expect extremely low volume and high prices through the next five to seven days
- The season is expected to start in late October
- The Arizona/California growing regions consist of:
- Brawley, CA
- Yuma, AZ
- The season expected to begin next week
- Size will be dominated by 48- and 56-count fruit
- Growers will only pack U.S. No. 1 grade fruit
- The season will start in early November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.