Gold potato supplies are beginning to wind down in Idaho.
- The effects of last summer’s heat wave in the Northwest are finally appearing in remaining stocks
- Although volume typically lasts through late April, some growers will have depleted their supplies by the end of March
- Idaho growers typically bridge the gap between the storage crop and new production with California and Arizona potatoes
- The California season will get underway in mid-April
- Arizona’s crop will not be harvested until June
- Remaining Idaho stocks are on the larger side, dominated by size A; size B potatoes are limited
- The Florida season is now underway; supplies are ample
- North Dakota storage stocks are sufficient and will be available through June
- Washington potatoes were also affected by the record heat this past summer; volume is low
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.