The board of directors of the Florida Tomato Growers Exchange (FTGE) voted unanimously today to increase the tomato handling charge billed by their contracted handlers.
- The increase is primarily based on inflation, particularly the rise in cost of pallets, packaging materials, and labor
- Handling charges will increase on October 11 moving from $1.95 to $2.95 and will apply to the following items:
- Cases of round tomatoes
- Cases of Roma tomatoes
- Packages of cherry tomatoes
- Packages of grape tomatoes
- The Florida tomato season started in light fashion this week with grape tomatoes in the west region of Quincy, Florida
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.