The cucumber market is on the rise. Recent weather is affecting volume in many growing regions.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Cucumbers are available
- Supplies are tight due to past heat and production gaps in Mexico’s Baja Peninsula area
- Quality is good
- Extra grading is required in some lots
- The East Coast is recovering from last week’s storms; many orders are being filled in New Jersey
- Production has been steady; quality is very good
- Smaller local deals in Virginia, New York, Tennessee, and Indiana will wind down over the next two to three weeks
- Eastern North Carolina is set to start fall production around Labor Day
- The Midwest regions of Wisconsin and Michigan have lost some acreage due to rain, heat, and humidity
- Eastern Washington has good volume although color and shape may not suit all customers
- Prices may increase over the next few weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.