The East Coast transition from Honduran offshore fruit to Florida spring crops is behind schedule by two weeks, tightening overall volume. Prices are rising. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Cucumbers are available.
- Mexican supplies are snug due to strong demand
- All sizes are available; No. 1 grade stocks are tight
- Quality is good
- Expect firm, dark skinned cucumbers
- Wind scarring an occasional concern
- Imported Honduran supplies have declined significantly
- A wide range in quality is observed in most lots
- The import season is expected to end over the next 7 to 10 days
- Florida’s spring production is slightly delayed due to February frost; expect extremely limited supplies over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.