The cucumber market is rising. West Coast is in demand exceeds supply situation due to weather and supply gaps.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Cucumbers are limited; packer label is being substituted as needed
- The Baja Peninsula harvest is snug as many growers are between fields
- Quality is average and extra grading is required
- Heavy rain and wind is expected over the next few days as Hurricane Olaf heads north into the region
- East Coast main volume will transition south from New Jersey and Michigan to Georgia and North Carolina over the next few weeks
- All sizes are available; more off grades are present due to recent storms
- Quality is excellent in the new growing regions
- Prices are expected to remain firm over the next few weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.