Strong cucumber demand is forcing markets to rise. Cold weather has slowed overall production.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Cucumbers are available
- Production is underway in Northern Mexico; however, cooler weather and low evening temperatures are limiting plant yields this week; expect volume to increase in November when the Sinaloa season begins
- Baja production is past its peak; extra grading is required
- The Georgia growing region is experiencing cold evening temperatures (with potential frost advisories), slowing harvests
- Florida will struggle with supply in November and December due to hurricane Ian; many fields have been replanted
- Expect elevated prices over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.