Cucumber markets are lower. West Coast supplies are increasing as production picks back up following severe weather in Mexico.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Cucumbers are available
- The Baja, Mexico season is winding down; overall volume has increased since the wet weather in mid-September
- Quality is average; No.1 grading is tight
- The Nogales, Arizona season has begun in a limited manner
- Stocks will increase during October
- Central Mexico is providing limited supplies (crossing into south Texas)
- Hurricane Orlene barely missed the Culiacan, Mexico growing region which typically starts production in November; replanting will not be required
- The East Coast is transitioning south to Georgia and Northern Florida, escaping damage from Hurricane Ian
- Quality is excellent; growers in Central and South Florida are evaluating fields this week and will replant if necessary
- Expect prices to decrease over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.