Cucumber supplies are tight due to heavy rains in Mexico and reduced volume on the East Coast. Markets are higher.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Cucumbers are limited; packer label may be substituted as necessary
- Recent monsoon rains, disrupting harvest and supply routes, has limited Mexico supply from the Baja Peninsula
- East Coast supply is tight; previous weather has affected quality
- New Jersey will harvest new fields this week, assisting overall volume heading into the weekend
- Michigan and Wisconsin stocks are limited as fields move past peak production
- Washington growers are beginning production on ground-grown cucumbers with concerns around yellow undersides and misshapen products
- Expect higher prices over the next one to two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.