Cucumber markets are climbing. East Coast supplies are limited due to recent moisture and high temperatures. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Cucumbers are available.
- The East Coast supply is low as both Georgia and North Carolina production has ended early due to heat and rain
- Quality is subpar on any remaining inventory
- New Jersey volume is slowly increasing; quality is very good
- Harvesting is expected to start in Michigan the week of July 10
- The Baja Peninsula is shipping sufficient stocks despite strong demand
- Quality is very good
- Supplemental supplies are coming from Central Mexico fruit (crossing in South Texas)
- Expect higher prices over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.