Extremely low temperatures are forecast for next week in Eastern and Southern Idaho. This cold weather will affect potato production and delay loading times.
- Temperatures need to be 18 degrees F or higher for five to seven hours of the day to haul potatoes from cellars to packing sheds
- If low temperatures persist, packing hours may be reduced (for example, from eight to four hours)
- Loading delays are likely due to short production windows
- Growers do not ship potatoes to packing sheds when temperatures are below 18 degrees F to avoid freezing raw product
- Below is next week’s weather forecast:
|January/February 2022 Idaho Falls, ID – Local Weather|
|Hi: 24°||Hi: 25°||Hi: 20°||Hi: 15°||Hi: 18°||Hi: 22°||Hi: 25°|
|Lo: 12°||Lo: 11°||Lo: 4°||Lo: 4°||Lo: 8°||Lo: 11°||Lo: 12°|
|January/February 2022 Rupert, ID – Local Weather|
|Hi: 27°||Hi: 31°||Hi: 23°||Hi: 20°||Hi: 24°||Hi: 27°||Hi: 29°|
|Lo: 15°||Lo: 15°||Lo: 12°||Lo: 8°||Lo: 12°||Lo: 16°||Lo: 15°|
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.