Forecasts call for rain in California’s citrus growing regions this weekend and next week. Growers have been harvesting in front of this next wave of precipitation to keep supply levels elevated. Markets are expected to rise next week. Advanced ordering is recommended going into next week (3/13-3/18).
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Essentials (ESS) Lemons are available
- Production continues in the San Joaquin Valley and Southern California
- Rain will slow production but storage supplies are being built up to provide coverage over the next couple of weeks
- Markets are expected to climb into next week due to increased demand for Lenten season
- Quality remains excellent
- MFC and ESS Navel Oranges are available
- Rain in California will limit crews’ ability to harvest for the next seven days; orchards need at least two days without rain to harvest
- Demand is expected to exceed supply next week; advanced ordering is recommended
- Current quality is excellent; sugar levels are high
- Limited supplies of domestic Valencias are available; Mexican Valencia volume is adequate (crossing into Texas)
- Florida Valencias are also available
San Joaquin Valley
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.