Rainfall continues to be a factor in California’s northern citrus growing regions. Suppliers will continue to take advantage of the breaks between storms to secure fruit. It is highly recommended to place orders early to help ensure full coverage.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Navel Oranges are available
- Rain continues to limit crews’ ability to harvest, slowing overall production; orchards need at least two days without rain to harvest
- Heavy amounts of rain and delays in harvesting will increase overall size profile; expect heavier volume of large sizes in upcoming weeks
- Overall markets are increasing, especially for smaller size 113- and 138-count fruit
- Advanced ordering is recommended
- Current quality is excellent; sugar levels are high and gas times are minimal
- MFC Lemons are available
- Production continues in all three areas of California (San Joaquin Valley, Southern California, and the Arizona desert region)
- Rain will slow production in the Central Valley; expect adequate supplies from Southern California and the desert regions
- Markets are slowly rising with strong demand
- Quality remains excellent
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.