Rainfall continues across California’s citrus growing regions with minimal breaks expected between storms through next week. Current supplies are in good shape heading into the weekend but, with limited to no harvesting due to wet conditions, we are expecting diminished volume with the potential for prorates by mid-next week. Advanced ordering is recommended for coverage going into next week (1/2-1/7).
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Navel Oranges are available
- Rain will limit crews’ ability to harvest through next week, slowing production; orchards need at least two days without rain to harvest
- Demand is expected to exceed supply by next week; markets will rise
- Advanced ordering is recommended
- Current quality is excellent; sugar levels are high and gas times are minimal
- MFC Lemons are available
- Production continues in all three areas of California (San Joaquin Valley, Southern California, and Arizona desert region)
- Rain will slow production in the Central Valley; expect adequate supplies from Southern California and the desert regions
- Markets are expected to climb over the next two weeks
- Supplies should meet demand through the next 14 days
- Quality remains excellent
San Joaquin Valley
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.