Prices for small lemons remain elevated due to tight supplies and strong demand. Expect small-size oranges (113- through 138-count fruit) to become limited through the month of August as schools ramp up across the country.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Lemons are available
- Small-size lemons (165- through 235-count fruit) remain limited
- Expect to make size and/or country of origin changes to help fill orders as needed
- Offshore and Mexican supplies continue to help fill small-size shortages on the West Coast
- Expect tight stocks and elevated markets through the month of September
- MFC and ESS Valencia Oranges are available
- California Valencia volume is rising; new crop fruit is dominated by 88- through 113-count oranges
- Most suppliers will start the re-greening process (ethylene gassing to help deepen orange color)
- Regreening is a direct result of multiple days of triple-digit temperatures in the California San Joaquin Valley
- Most growers will start using ethylene gas to deepen orange color
- Expect increasing markets and tightening supplies through August
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.