Lemon markets continue to rise with spring/summer demand ramping up. California Navel oranges will remain available through the month of June. Valencia orange production is now in full swing.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Essentials (ESS) Lemons are available
- California supplies are dominated by large sizes (75- through 115-count fruit); markets for 140- through 200-count stocks continue to climb
- Quality is excellent
- Argentine lemons has started to hit markets on the East Coast; Chilean lemons will become available in one to two weeks
- MFC and ESS Navel and Valencia Oranges are available
- Navel supplies are winding down for the season; quality remains very good
- The Valencia crop has started; volume is climbing
- Prices for small fruit (88- through 138-count stocks) are rising slightly as early yields are tight
- South African and Chilean Navels are expected to arrive in early July
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.