Production remains slow due to wet and muddy conditions. Forecasts call for more rain which will continue delaying harvests. Lemon markets are expected to climb as Lent and spring-seasonal demand increase. Advanced ordering is recommended.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Essentials (ESS) Lemons are available
- Production continues in the San Joaquin Valley and Southern California
- Wet and muddy conditions along with more rain in the forecast will slow production
- Due to increased demand and a larger size profile in current crops, markets for 140- through 200-count stocks are climbing
- Quality remains excellent
- MFC and ESS Navel Oranges are available
- California rain will limit crews’ ability to harvest next week; orchards need at least two days without rain to harvest
- Prices for larger size fruit are rising
- Markets for smaller oranges are expected to follow suit as retail shifts into bagged fruit containing these sizes
- Current quality is excellent; sugar levels are high
- Limited supplies of Texas domestic Valencias are available
- Mexican Valencia volume is adequate (crossing into Texas)
- Florida Valencias are also available
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.