Markets are rising as demand exceeds supply. Stocks are extremely tight due to cold weather.
- Ready-Set-Serve Cilantro and Parsley are extremely limited; packer label is being substituted as needed
- Cooler-than-normal temperatures have stunted growth and reduced yields and now rain is in the forecast
- Many growers must cancel harvesting this week and next to allow plants size to increase and fields to dry out
- Industry supplies are down as much as 50%
- Photos of stunted plants are attached to help illustrate the issues being faced; these fields were scheduled to be harvested a week ago, but remain an additional week away
- Expect very tight supplies and higher prices for the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.