Cilantro prices are elevated; supplies are tight.
- Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Cilantro will be sporadically available over the next two to three weeks due to quality concerns
- This month’s above-average temperatures and humidity across California, especially in inland growing regions, have reduced harvestable yields
- Volume remains notably lower in the primary growing regions of Oxnard, Lompoc, Santa Paula, and Santa Maria, California
- Tip burn, disease pressure, seeder, increased stem length, and yellowing are prevalent
- RSS Cilantro is currently achieving specified quality and shelf-life with an increasing potential for early breakdown due to heat-related stress
- Expect high markets through mid-August, as younger plantings reach harvest maturity
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.