The cilantro market is escalating.
- Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Cilantro is available
- Above-average temperatures and humidity are forecast across California through next week
- Volume fell following recent high temperatures in Oxnard, Salinas, and Santa Maria, California; burn, disease pressure, seeder, and yellowing are reducing harvestable volume at the field level by 35-40%
- RSS Cilantro is currently achieving specified quality and shelf-life but there is potential for early breakdown due to heat-related stress
- Expect high markets through July, at minimum, until younger plantings reach harvest maturity
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.