Cilantro markets remain relatively low as multiple growing regions are in production, but prices are poised to rise amid reduced quality and lower yields.
- Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Washed & Trimmed Cilantro is available; packer label may be substituted due to quality defects over the next 10 to 14 days
- Fast moving rain storms in Oxnard, California and high winds in Yuma, Arizona have stressed mature plantings leading to quality problems such as
- Longer stem length in finished packs
- Yellowing leaves
- Early breakdown/reduced shelf-life
- Some low lying areas in the Santa Maria and Salinas Valleys have been affected by flooding, impacting planting schedules and creating the potential for supply gaps in April and May
- Expect markets to firm up through the first half of April; warmer spring weather will increase growth and improve quality, barring any major storm systems
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.