The cilantro market continues to inch higher.
- RSS Cilantro is available
- Recent elevated temperatures and humidity in Oxnard, Salinas, and Santa Maria, California are impacting yields; tip burn, seeder, small size, and yellowing are reducing harvestable volume at the field level by 40-50%
- RSS Cilantro is currently achieving specified quality and shelf-life but there is potential for early breakdown due to heat-related stress
- The Texas cilantro season is forecast to start in mid-October and will help increase industry supplies as California fields rebound
- Expect elevated markets through mid-October, at minimum, until younger plantings reach harvest maturity
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.