Chipping potato storage supplies continue to diminish. Volume is low; quality is fair, at best.
- Due to the Northwest’s record heatwave this past summer, this year’s storage crop did not produce enough stocks to ship through the transition to new crop spring/summer potatoes
- To extend storage supplies over the next few weeks, suppliers who still have potatoes on hand will be allocating or filling orders based on six-week averages
- Suppliers are sorting through product that would normally be culled out in order to fulfill orders
- Remaining stocks will exhibit multiple quality concerns:
- Thin skins
- Pressure and shoulder bruising
- Mixed sizing
- Once ready for production, new crop potatoes will be sourced from several growing regions such as Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas
- New crop potatoes are expected to become available the week of June 13
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.