Celery prices are up and expected to remain active heading into the holiday season.
- Markon First Crop Premium Celery is available
- The Michigan season is winding down, shifting demand to the Salinas and Santa Maria Valleys
- Oxnard production is forecast to start in late October/early November
- Fields have been impacted by Fusarium disease, stunting growth and reducing harvestable yields
- Insect pressure is also affecting some plantings located near artichoke and berry fields
- The Florida season will begin in mid- to late December
- Yuma, Arizona production will begin in late December/early January
- Current demand is fairly strong and will increase in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving
- Expect elevated/active markets through December at minimum
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.