Celery prices are rapidly rising in Oxnard and Santa Maria, California due to limited supplies and strong demand.
- Markon First Crop Premium Celery is available
- Yields in many Oxnard and Santa Maria fields are being impacted by seeder, ranging up to five to seven inches, following two heat spikes in April
- The Florida season has ended, shifting demand to California supplies
- Salinas production is forecast to start the first week of June; the Michigan season will follow in early July
- Oxnard supplies will available through late June
- Expect elevated markets until the transition to Salinas is complete in mid- to late June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.