Celery markets are rising as supplies decrease.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Celery is available in Salinas, California
- Demand is strong in California as East Coast regional production winds down
- Additionally, volume in Michigan is lower compared to prior weeks; this season is expected to finish one to two weeks earlier than normal, in early October
- Yields in Salinas have been reduced by disease pressure, black heart, and pith
- Oxnard production is scheduled to start in early November; disease pressure is present in some young plantings
- Expect markets to continue to inch up through September
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.