Celery prices are elevated. The Arizona/California desert season is winding down, shifting demand to Oxnard and Santa Maria, California.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Celery is available
- The Arizona/California desert season is winding down
- Some growers have transitioned to Oxnard production exclusively
- The desert season will be completed by the end of March
- Supplies in many of the current fields are small and light weight; some Oxnard and Santa Maria growers estimate production is 7 to 14 days behind schedule due to sustained cold temperatures
- Florida yields are expected to fall over the next 7 to 10 days, before rebounding in late March and finishing strong in late April; quality is excellent
- Salinas production will begin in early to mid-June
- Markets are expected to remain elevated through March at minimum
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.