Celery markets are beginning to ease, although overall prices remain elevated. Expect supplies to remain tight through the rest of the month.
- Oxnard production is forecast to end in early to mid-June; Santa Maria production has begun but size is skewed towards smaller packs
- Internal burn and seeder/bolting are reducing yields at the field level
- The Salinas season will start two weeks later than normal, in mid-June, due to planting delays and cold weather
- Michigan harvests will begin in early to mid-July, further easing markets
- Markets will remain active and elevated until late June
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.