Celery markets are high but appear to have peaked; supplies are tight out of the primary growing region of Oxnard, California.
- Seeder and other quality issues are present in some lots, reducing yields at the field level
- Oxnard production is forecast to end in early to mid-June
- The Salinas season will start two weeks later than normal, in mid-June, due to planting delays and cold weather
- Michigan harvests will begin in early to mid-July
- Prices are expected to remain active until Salinas production is underway
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.