Celery prices continue to rise due to strong demand and diminishing supplies.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Celery is available
- Oxnard and Santa Maria, California are the primary growing regions in December
- Rain totals ranging from 1”-2” limited production yesterday in both regions
- Most growers are back to harvesting today, although some Oxnard growers sustained significant crop damage due to flooding caused by excessive rain and a canal breach
- Additionally, some Oxnard lots scheduled for harvest in late December have been impacted by fusarium and insect pressure, reducing expected yields
- Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Celery
- Growers have expressed concern about filling RSS Celery demand due to reduced raw product
- Your Markon representative will continue to communicate through the week, as damage is still being assessed
- The Florida season will begin in late December and run through April
- Yuma, Arizona harvesting will start in late December/early January and ship through mid- to late March
- Markets are expected to remain active through December at minimum
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.