Celery supplies are tightening due to continued cold temperatures in Oxnard and Santa Maria, California and the Arizona/California desert growing regions.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Celery are available
- Persistently cold and windy weather is slowing growth and limiting harvestable supplies in Arizona and California growing regions
- The Arizona/California desert season is beginning to wind down; some suppliers will be finished after the first week of March with the balance expected to transition production fully back to Oxnard, California by mid-March
- Florida supplies remain available; markets are expected to inch up as demand increases in all growing regions
- Expect continued rising prices over the next month, unless warmer weather increases growth
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.