Celery prices are rising and will remain active through the holiday season.
- Markon First Crop Premium Celery is available
- Oxnard and Santa Maria are the primary growing regions
- Supplies are currently ample although some Oxnard lots that are scheduled for harvest in late December have been impacted by fusarium and insect pressure, reducing yields
- The Florida season will begin in late December and run through April
- Yuma harvesting will start in late December/early January and end by mid- to late March
- Demand is strengthening as the holiday pull begins
- Markets are expected to remain active through December (until holiday demand subsides and production ramps up in Florida and Yuma, Arizona)
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.