Celery markets are declining as supplies increase in multiple growing regions.
- Markon First Crop Celery is available in Oxnard and the Arizona/California desert growing regions
- Oxnard, California is the primary growing region; disease (fusarium) pressure is not as prevalent compared to prior weeks
- Santa Maria, California harvesting will continue year-round
- Supplies are increasing in Oxnard and Santa Maria, California despite recent rain events over the past week totaling 1.75”; additional rain is forecast next week, totaling 1-2”
- Arizona and California desert production is underway; additional Yuma fields will begin production next week
- Florida production is ongoing; size profile has normalized and production is strong
- Expect continued market declines as volume increases, pending significant rain in the Oxnard and Santa Maria growing regions
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.