Celery markets are elevated due to increased demand and lower industry supplies.
- Oxnard is the primary growing region; fusarium is reducing harvestable yields in some lots; however, disease pressure is lower compared to prior seasons
- Minimal harvesting continues in Salinas; supplies are expected to be depleted by the end of next week
- Santa Maria production will continue year-round
- Arizona and California desert production will start mid- to late December
- Expect elevated markets and strong demand through the holiday season
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.