Cauliflower markets are steady as the West Coast and Arizona desert harvests begin to overlap.
- Markon Essentials (ESS) Cauliflower is available; packer label may be substituted, as needed to fill orders
- End of season quality challenges in California are hastening the move to desert supplies
- Appearance defects such as discoloration/spotting, ricing, leafy curds, and mold remain prevalent
- Ordering for short turns is advised for the next one to two weeks, as California finishes the season
- Early reports are positive for both yields and quality out of the Arizona and California desert regions
- Although lower markets are expected this week amid lighter holiday demand and more abundant supplies, prices will rise and volume will fall again in three to four weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.