- Warmer weather has helped spur growth and vastly increased available supplies
- Markets have plummeted over the last 7-10 days and will continue to do so through this week
- Quality is average; mold/mildew, off-color, and inconsistent size are being observed in some lots
- With the seasonal harvesting transition around the corner, production is winding down in Imperial Valley, California; harvesting will finish in this region before moving to Salinas and Santa Maria, California in early to mid-April
- Markon is anticipating a supply gap between the end of the desert season and when the Salinas and Santa Maria growing areas begin production; fields are behind schedule due to higher-than-average precipitation and lower-than-average temperatures impacting immature plantings
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.