Ready-Set-Serve and Markon First Crop Carrots are limited; packer label is being substituted as needed. California jumbo carrot supplies are extremely limited.
- Jumbo carrot volume is nearly null out of the Imperial Valley (California’s primary growing region through late April)
- Jumbo sizes, which are used for several value-added packs, will remain short until the crop transitions north to Bakersfield, California in late April
- Commodity packs (25- and 50-pound poly bags and cartons) are in a demand-exceeds-supply situation
- Carrot chunks, plugs, and sticks are also impacted as they are made from jumbo-size raw product
- Packer label jumbo carrots out of Arizona, Georgia, and Mexico (crossing into South Texas) are being utilized to help fill the void
- California growers and processors have a good supply of small- and medium-size carrots available; value-added packs such as baby peeled, coins, matchsticks, and shreds are meeting demand
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.