California’s Imperial Valley carrot volume remains low due to cool weather; demand for jumbo-size stocks exceeds supply. Ready-Set-Serve and Markon First Crop Carrots are extremely limited; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- The Imperial Valley season started harvesting earlier than normal this year due to heavy rainfall in December
- Low temperatures continue to impact carrot growth
- Jumbo-size stocks are scarce
- Substitution options are available out of Arizona, Georgia, and Mexico (crossing into South Texas)
- Carrot sticks remain snug (produced from jumbos)
- Additional order lead-time is required (72 hours) due to the limited supplies and continued labor/workforce challenges due to COVID/Omicron
- Expect tight California jumbo carrots through mid-March
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.