The market has risen. California supplies continue to tighten as production transitions from the San Joaquin Valley to the Imperial Valley. Jumbo sizes are extremely limited. Ready-Set-Serve and Markon First Crop Carrots are limited; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- California yields are well-below average as the season winds down; December’s record rainfall and low temperatures are the primary factors
- New crop supplies out of California’s Imperial Valley are dominated by small sizes; it will take two to three more weeks for size to increase
- Expect extremely limited supplies of California jumbo carrots through late February
- Carrot sticks are also tightening as they are made from jumbo carrots
- Baby Peeled Snack Packs continue to be in a demand-exceeds-supply situation due to increased post-COVID demand
- Jumbo carrots (in 25-and 50-pound poly bags) are available out of Arizona, Georgia, and Mexico (crossing into South Texas)
- Prices are much lower compared to California stocks
- Quality is good with the biggest difference being the flavor profile
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.