Cara Cara orange season has begun in a limited manner; supplies will ship through late April. The Cara Cara variety is a cousin to the Moro, a.k.a. blood orange, and was created by cross-pollinating Washington Navels and Brazilian Bahia Navels.
- External color is comparable to that of Navel oranges, in fact it’s nearly impossible to tell the difference until they are cut open
- Their pink flesh is juicy and looks similar to a grapefruit, without the bitter flavor
- Cara Caras have a high sugar content, low acid, and sweet, berry-like notes
- Pricing is a bit higher than the Navel market due to their premium taste and sweetness
- Early season quality is excellent; supplies are ample
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.