Markon First Crop (MFC) Cantaloupes are limited; packer label is being substituted as needed. Cantaloupe supplies are tightening as the Arizona/California desert season winds down.
- Drought and water restrictions on the Colorado River have led to fewer acres of melons planted this desert season
- Size is dominated by 9-count fruit
- 12-count melons are snug
- 15-count and smaller fruit remains extremely limited; demand exceeds supply
- Expect elevated markets and higher pricing through transition from domestic stocks to import orders
- The offshore cantaloupe season will begin in November
- The first East Coast vessel arrival is expected into Florida the week of November 7
- The first West Coast arrival is expected into California the week of November 21
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.