Honeydew supplies are extremely limited as the San Joaquin Valley, California season comes to an end. Cantaloupe stocks are sufficient at this time but expected to tighten.
- Markon First Crop Cantaloupes and Honeydew Melons are tight; packer label will be substituted as needed
- Expect higher prices and limited supplies until the transition south during the week of October 11; new crop stocks are expected to ramp up by mid- to late October
- Size substitutions may be required to fill orders
- 6- and 8-count honeydew are extremely scarce
- 9-count cantaloupes are limited
- Overall quality is good
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.