Markon First Crop (MFC) Cantaloupe and Honeydew Melons are limited; packer label is being substituted as needed during the harvesting transition. New crop supplies are slowly ramping up in the Arizona/California desert growing region. Expect elevated markets this fall as growers planted less acreage due to drought concerns and water restrictions in the Imperial and Yuma Valleys.
- Supplies are ample with slightly lower prices this week due to weak demand
- Size is dominated by 9-count fruit
- 12-counts are snug
- 15-count and smaller melons remain extremely limited
- New crop supplies will begin shipping in a limited fashion next week; expect higher prices
- Supplies are ample with slightly lower prices as Mexican fruit comes onto the market (into Nogales, Arizona); demand is weak
- Size is dominated by 5-count melons
- 6-counts are snug
- 8-count and smaller melons remain extremely limited
- New crop supplies will begin shipping in a limited fashion next week; expect fairly steady pricing
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.