Markon First Crop (MFC) Cantaloupe and Honeydew Melons are available; prices are rising as the summer season begins to wind down. Expect markets to remain elevated through October as both crops transition south; domestic supplies will continue shipping through mid- to late November.
- Prices are higher as the California San Joaquin Valley season approaches its completion in mid- to late October
- Size is peaking on 9-count fruit; 15-count and smaller remain extremely limited
- Yuma/Imperial Valley cantaloupe season will begin in late October
- Flexibility on cantaloupe sizing may be necessary during transition
- Markets are inching up as volume tightens nearing the upcoming harvesting transition
- Size is dominated by 5-count melons; 8-count and smaller remain extremely limited
- Supplies are expected to tighten up through the end of September and into October
- Pricing is expected to inch up into October
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.